Thursday, October 10, 2013

What's Up, World? (Part 1 of 2)

Long time no-blog! What's going on in the lives of my favorite readers? I've enjoyed keeping up with a lot of you via my blog feed. Just because I haven't posted, doesn't mean I don't keep up with those of you out there who blog yourselves!

I know - it's been a while (again) since I last posted. And a lot of everything and a lot of nothing has happened since August. I'll give you the run down as quickly and painlessly as possible, but will probably break this post up into two different ones.

So here is Update Post 1 of 2!

McKenna & Bryant - 2009

~ Kids!  
So McKenna is (FINALLY) back in school (Praise, Jesus.) and loving her new teachers. (So is Mama!) There are lots of new kids in her class, but a lot of her old friends as well. She's back in gymnastics too and we're thinking about starting up piano lessons soon. (Speaking of which - does anybody have $100/month I could borrow for said lessons? I accept PayPal, check, or cash.)

Meda is now 5 months old! Holy Baby Growing Up!! And she is the best baby ever. Which, in hindsight, has made both Bryant and I realize how absolutely terrible McKenna was as an infant. By no means is a baby that you have to walk in circles (or on the treadmill for hours) to get them to stop screaming a "good" baby. Now, maybe she had her issues of being colicky and what-not, but still. Her first six-nine months of life is what made us invest in multiple forms of birth control until four years later, when we apparently forgot what a nightmare the second half of 2009 was. (Sorry, McKenna... Dad and I still love you, but geez... those lungs of yours gave your parents some issues.)  It is probably a good thing she was our first child, when we were ignorant and did not know any better.

Meda the "Snapping Turtle"
On the contrary, Meda laughs and smiles at everything and maaaayybe will whine every 3 hours or so, but that is is either due to sleepiness or hunger. But once those two issues are resolved, it's back to smiling and laughing. We call her our "Snapping Turtle" because her mouth is always open in a wide, happy smile.

Speaking of Meda, on the 29th of September, we had her baptized. She did so great and was beautiful in her christening gown. The church service interrupted her usual nap time, but she did so well, despite being tired. Below are a few pictures from that day. :-)








~ Family!  
We just spent the last 3.5 weeks with family members visiting us. Now, that may sound like a lot, but it's never enough time when your closest family member lives 5 hours away. I won't sugar coat it and say it's alright not living in the same town as any family.

Because it's not. It's not okay at all having to raise your family without any of yours around. 
(But don't worry... Bryant & I are about to start "Operation Get Our Parents to Move To Memphis" here in the VERY near future. They won't know what hit them. It's only logical they would want to be around us, right? Riiiggghhhttt???)

So Bryant's parents came into town... and with them brought 9 dogs! HA! Their two dogs recently had puppies, so we had a litter of Boston Terriers living with us for a couple weeks! (Yes, I realize 12 dogs (9 of theirs, 3 of ours) in 1 home is extreme. It definitely was. But it was temporary, and they were ADORABLE.)

Luckily, despite falling in love with two of the baby Boston's, I was able to stand strong and we didn't end up keeping any puppies. Whew!

MIL and FIL and DILs (dog in-laws) stayed two weeks. While they were here, my mom came to stay as well, so everyone was here for Meda's baptism. I can't tell you how much McKenna loved having them all here. (So did Bryant and I, for that matter! The ratio of 4 adults to 2 kids is juuusst about perfect!) While it was crowded, it was busy and fun.
(I will admit we all got our workout chasing the pups around the house before (and after) they pooped and peed all over the floor! HA!)

My mom left today, and it has been so quiet around here over the past few hours. I'm not sure when it'll be normal just having 4 of us around again.
(Probably not too long. HA!)



(Stay tuned for more updates on my life over the past couple months. Get pumped, people. Get. Pumped.)

No comments: