Saturday, October 26, 2013

100th Birthday Parties

This past weekend, my family & I drove up to Kentucky for my great aunt's 100th birthday party.

Yes.

100.

A century.

No big deal.

Anyway, my Aunt Chris has been saying for the past few years that she hasn't wanted a birthday party until she turns 100. It's funny, because I never doubted she would make it to see 100. As I sat with her in her room (while she read the birthday cards she had opened and read already... she's totally forgiven that her memory slips sometimes. I mean, it's been working hard for 100 years.), she told me she never thought she'd make it to 100.

I told her I always knew she would.

She laughed at me.

My sister said it best on FB.
"So blessed to have this lady in my life, grew up just blocks from her. She taught me how to play cards, taught me that there was nothing better than a cold orange soda on a hot summer day, let us bang around on her piano and with such patience taught us to play (a little!), showed me that a love for Jesus and living for him is the key to a long, happy, fulfilled life! She let us turn her basement into our extra playroom and never once got mad at us if (WHEN) we broke or messed something up. So blessed to have her in my life!!!"

HAPPY 100th BIRTHDAY, Aunt Chris!!



Below are some other photos from the weekend. It's always a good time heading back home to Kentucky with family!


Surprise early b-day party for Kailee!







No comments: