Thursday, October 24, 2013

I'm Published

So for those of you who don't know... I was a cheerleader. For years... more like eons, it feels like sometimes. Besides coaching, I even worked full time in the cheer industry for a number of years for a company called Varsity. (UCA, to be more exact). If you don't know anything about cheerleading, Varsity is the mecca of all things spirit-related. You know those cheer competitions you see on ESPN in the spring? Yeah, that's Varsity.

I'm lucky enough to still be involved in the activity too, judging regional and national competitions during the fall and spring.

Recently, I was approached by American Cheerleader Magazine to be a freelance writer for them, and because of my love of cheerleading and sharing my random thoughts the written word I jumped up and down and did a jig calmly and cooly accepted.

Well, the latest issue is out and my first article with them is printed! I'm pumped. I've had multiple articles published online and locally, but never in something you can purchase in Barnes & Noble. So I'm excited.

So go check out the latest issue... give it a looksie... hell, just go ahead and purchase it... and let me know what you think of the article.

And if you don't like cheerleading... indulge me anyway! ;-) Ha!


No comments: