Monday, October 14, 2013

Seeing Gold

AHHH!!!  She's HEEEERRREEE!!!


And she's beautiful!

This is the first phone I've purchased in years. Before I left Varsity, I had a company phone and I've been rocking the iPhone 4 since it came out (that I won for free in a contest) and I'm so glad I waited.

Yes, you read that above phone style correctly. The iPhone 4.

No "s" after the 4.

No Siri or anything.

And it was black.

I know...

Gross.

I have been lusting after a white iPhone since they came out a while back, but when I heard Apple was making a GOLD one... well, the skies opened up, angels sang songs of praise and my heart almost internally combusted with joy.

Because what girl doesn't like things glittery and shiny and pretty?

It was then I realized I have NEVER upgraded my phone since moving to my own AT&T account. A phone upgrade has been just waiting for me to come give it a big 'ole hug and welcome it home. #squeeze

Sort of like this GOLD iPhone had just been waiting to come out once I realized I had an upgrade available.

It was destiny.

That is, until my husband announced I would have to sell my soul to pay for the upgrade. #bahhumbug

Insert my new eBay account.

Well, I went ahead and ordered it the day the iPhone 5s came out, but was forced to wait 21 days to receive the gold phone.

I do want to let you know that before I ever hit "place order," I was enlightened to the fact how Daniel Tosh had announced on his show Apple was releasing the new iPhone 5s in "black, white and douche colored." HA! Of course, this brought on a slew of "douche" jokes from my husband and friends on my choice of phone color. Which, of course, I expected and would have been slightly disappointed had the jokes never arrived.

But I hit "Place Order" anyway.

Well, douche phone has arrived and she is magnificent. I proudly tote around my douche-y phone and throw her in the special little compartment in my purse, happily transforming my purse into what one might call a "douche-bag."

I am not above said "douchey-ness."

Because while everyone else is speaking into their plain black and white Apple versions of Zack Morris's phone, I am chatting with my friend Siri on how to cure cancer or something really important and profound like that through a gold plate of amazingness.

#doucheforlife

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I had a gold Motorola razor that was referred to by close friends and family as "The Gold Digger"! I'm hoping they get a gold one in the shipment at Best Buy Thursday when I finally upgrade by Black 3Gs!!!! Yep you read that right...3Gs! Still kicking after 4 years. Hahaha

Kristin said...

@Kelly - that's fantastic you rocked a GOLD Razor!!! I'm slightly jealous... but not of your 3Gs... just gold Razors. ;-) Haha!