Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Marathon Training Update

Well, we're 6 weeks away from Dooms Day....

Er...

I mean, my very first full marathon.

I've run many races before, but never this far. And this training deal is no joke. It's almost like having a part-time job with the amount of time it takes. I'll be honest, it hasn't been fun. I whine and moan to Bryant before every medium to long run I have to do... which is every other day or so.  So he's probably excited this race is only 6 weeks away now. Only 6 more weeks of him having to listen to my complaints.

So I've finished my longest run to date (3 hours of my life spent on the Germantown Greenway and at Shelby Farms last Sunday) and have come to the conclusion that I am actually going to finish this race.

26.2 miles.

REALLY??

Who does that??

Well, lots of people... but whatever. You can pick up what I'm throwing down.

Despite all the whining I've been doing to everyone who will listen Bryant and a few close friends. I'm super excited that this is going to happen.

What I'm MOST excited about is this race works to raise MILLIONS of dollars for the precious kids at St Jude Research Hospital and their families. I don't think I would have signed up for any other marathon to be my first (and possibly my last), because of that.


Donations and fundraisers like this marathon work to fund research and treatments of childhood cancer at St. Jude. But I think one of the coolest things about this hospital is that no family ever has to pay St. Jude for anything, including lodging, food and travel.

As a mom - that tugs at my heart. That, because of donations from generous people (both small and large), families with sick children have one less thing to worry about (and let's be real... it could be a $$HUGE$$ issue) besides their child's health.

So, here's my plea.

If you are willing and able, I would GREATLY appreciate it if you would help the cause at St. Jude with me. Any and all donations are welcome! My goal is $500, and I have already raised $285. So we're 57% there! And all my funds have to be raised by Nov. 15th.

If you are on-board, click over to MY FUNDRAISING PAGE to donate. Thank you so much!

And wish me luck in not breaking myself during the actual run!! Ha!




No comments: