Wednesday, December 4, 2013

2013 Goal #1 Complete


So my biggest goal of 2013 was to finish the first full draft on my book by December 1st.

Most writers can knock out a full book in two or three months. I started writing it this time last year, but decided to give myself ample time to complete the first full draft because I knew Meda was on her way and I wasn't sure how things would shake out with a newborn and McKenna to chase around.

It's not quite where I want it to be yet, but never-the-less, the first draft was COMPLETE by December 1st, and was been sent to my developmental editor for another round of edits. Hopefully, she can help me bring this story to where it needs to be so I can start pitching it to agents and publishers this coming year.

Wish me luck!

OMG. This is so accurate.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!! Cheering for you and look forward to know more. Glad we could connect through Compel!

For His Glory,
MEG
www.partyforthree.blogspot.com
@megromeo (instagram/twitter)
new URL come January: www.forhisgloryalone.com

Tammy said...

Keep moving forward! I'm been pondering writing a book, booklet, pamphlet...or writing something for the last "several" months. So far haven't moved in any direction :(

Stopped over from Compel.

In His Grace~Tammy