Sunday, November 3, 2013

The NOT-SO Happiest 5K on the Planet

2012 Color Run
So happy!
If you remember, last year, McKenna and I did The Color Run for the first time. She did so well, and at only 3 years old ran almost the whole way. (Well, "ran" is all relative. It was more like a slight jog. But still... she took her Color Run seriously and did really well.)

We had the best time, so we signed up for the 2013 one as well. After all, it's the Happiest 5K on the Planet, right?

Wrong.

All was going well...

Color was thrown...

Color turned into angels...


All was fine and dandy...

Until McKenna realized she was required to run or walk herself in between color stations and figured it best I carry her.

When did my child who ran an entire 5K at 3 years old, become a lazy bum??

Not cool.

And then, of course, we ran out of color to throw at the end, which cause a colossal meltdown.

My attempt to catch a sweet picture with my daughter.
This was right after I told her to suck it up & stop crying b/c I was
trying to take a picture.
It didn't work.
Needless to say, we will NOT be joining The Color Run in 2014.

No comments: