Monday, October 15, 2012

The Happiest 5K on the Planet!

This past Saturday was the first annual Memphis Color Run. And I have to say, it was an absolute blast! MK has been looking forward to this run since we signed up in June. She would watch the official video over and over... and finally the day came!

After a semi-grumpy wake up call for her (I mean, I woke her up prior to 8am on her fall break! Sheesh! Who do I think I am??), she got pumped up for the run once we decked ourselves out in the sweatband and face tattoos. We met up with our friends Molly, Lacey, Britney, & Britney's family once we arrived at Tiger Stadium, where the race was held. Unfortunately, the hubs didn't do the run, but he did ride his bike there (#typical) and took some stellar photos!

 I have to be honest when it comes to MK. She is very competitive. She informed me on the way there that she was going to run so fast and beat everybody. Really. She was in it for the WIN. For the record, she is not at all like her mom or dad when it comes to that personality trait.... Riiigggghhhttttt.... Anyway, she was serious, yet pumped up and literally ran almost the whole race herself (probably around 2-2.5 miles). Pretty good for 3 years old, if you ask me! Even with the stops to drink, play in the color on the ground, and photo-ops, we ended up finishing in about 55 minutes.

Below is a gallery of photos from our run. Enjoy! I know we did!































No comments: