Friday, May 3, 2013

Where Did April Go? Definitely Not Anywhere On My Blog.

Wow - I've been slow on the blog posting this past month....Okay, "slow" is the wrong description. I'm always slow about it.

Completely "AWOL" is a tad more accurate.

So let me try and update you on what's been going on....


Work: Well, I've been busy with BFR shows and sales. If you're in Memphis, you probably saw me at Spring Market, Crawfish Festival and will see me again this coming weekend at Collierville's Fair on the Square,'' which I'll be at in this torrential downpour. Super awesome. Come out and get wet with us if you're in the mood to shop!!! :-)

*Speaking of BFR... if any of you are interested in ANYTHING to do with Be Free - purchasing merchandise, mission trips, hosting a trunk show, etc. - please don't hesitate to contact me! I can hook you up! #ShamelessPlug


Small group stuff: This is pobably crap that would bore you since you're not a part of my kick-butt Jesus-loving small group at church....(which you probably should be if you're not. It's awesome.). I've been able to get together with this amazing group of women a few times this month to study The Word and it's been great. #TotalJesusNerds Every time we're together, I learn something new or get a new perspective on God's will for my life and for others. 

PS - if you've never studied through Beth Moore's work, GO DO IT NOW. She is hysterical, down-to-earth and real.  I recommend her video series' since she's so animated and southern. She also has a blog, which I follow. I relate well to her personality type. #SassyAndSouthern

DAMN YOU Writer's Block!

Writing:  It's been slow.... to say the least. Currently, I'm sort of stuck in a rut on the book, and trying to break out of it. Some might call it "writer's block." Just trying to sludge through it and not loose ALL motivation to do it.


BIRTHDAY'S!!! So on the 27th, I celebrated the big 3-0 birthday. Weird, right? But I'm pumped for thirty. I'm convinced that your thirties are probably the coolest decade. You're an adult, but still not "old".... (okay, maybe a little old).... and people are forced to take you seriously, right? I mean, because you're thirty years old. So, I'm pumped. People might take me seriously now. 

Thirty is definitely the new twenty. 

Also, the husbandal unit turned thirty-one two days after my birthday. So Happy "People Have To Take Us Seriously Now" Birthday to him, as well! With both of us in our thirties, that means we're a serious couple, right? :-) #YeahIDidntThinkSo


Fetus Cooking: Well, I'm 38 weeks along in this pregnancy now. Weird. I'm about to have my second kid. NEXT week. That is if she doesn't show up before. With these contractions I've been having, I won't be surprised if she does. In fact, I'm surprised she hasn't already. But whatever... she's giving me a little more time. 

I go into the hospital for an induction on Wednesday, the 8th of May. Now, that is strange. Two kids... in just a few days. We'll be like a real little family... with parents in their thirties. #weird

I'm excited.

Britney & Lacey, with BFR, hosted a baby shower for me earlier in April as well. It was so fun and I am blessed to have such great friends who showed up and showered Meda & I with gifts. :-) I've included a couple pics. (Clearly.)

This last month has been rather uncomfortable for me physically. This kiddo is MUCH more active and brutal to my insides than McKenna Rayne was. Don't get me wrong - MK was very active, but sheesh.... this little one has it out for me or something. There are times where it feels like she's literally going to pop through the skin. I find this strange because apparently Meda Grayson is much smaller than MK was, according to the doctors. 

Speaking of doctors, I've been on the weekly doctor appointment plan for a little while now, and receiving ultrasounds EVERYTIME I go to the doc, due to the high risk factor I've got going on, because neither Meda or I are fat enough for anybody's liking. I won't lie - I enjoy the ultrasounds, especially considering I only had 2 with McKenna (at 9 weeks and at 20 weeks), but my house is FULL of ultrasound photos now. In drawers, on counters, under beds... And let's be real, those black and white fuzzy TV-like photos of uterine aliens aren't quite the type you'd hang on your wall. Though I feel like a bad parent if I throw them away! Ugh.... #dilemmas.  

But anyway, Meda Grayson will be here next week!!! Craziness!


Running:  OMG. Y'ALL.

I registered a few days ago for my first FULL marathon. EEEK! I'm so pumped. The last bit of this pregnancy has been a little rough for me since it's race season and everyone around me is gearing up, training and racing now! Friends, my husband, everyone... I hate just sitting on the sidelines without my own training in full force. #JealousyIsAHorribleThing

Yes, yes... I know, I know... I have an amazing reason NOT to be running, etc... and I'm so, so, so grateful for that... but that doesn't mean I don't want to be out there as well. So sue me. :-) I plan on, as soon as the doc gives the okay, starting back up again and training for some triathlons as well, and not just running. Whoop! 

But anyway - back to the marathon. I had originally planned on running my first full marathon ON my 30th birthday, but... well, that didn't work out after I got myself knocked up. So the new plan is the St Jude Memphis Marathon on Dec. 7th. I will have plenty of time to train after Numero Dos arrives. I'm going to be training with BPC Performance Systems in their St. Jude training groups, headed up by BPC Running Coach & probably the best/fastest runner in the greater Memphis area (as well as a good friend of ours), Ben Knoernschild. Whoop! It's going to be fun training with this group!

In order to race, I'm required to raise $500 for St Jude, which I'm totally pumped about, as well. St Jude is an amazing hospital and I want to do what I can to help those kiddos! I even dragged my friend Molly into registering with me! Haha! #Sucker #YouAreWelcomeMols 

Something else I'm excited about when it comes to this?? I've already been contacted to write "my story" regarding coming back from pregnancy and training for my first full marathon. Plans are in the works with the editor for me to submit a short series of articles and then a final "recap" article after the race about the overall "journey." He even wants photos of me with Meda Grayson at the finish line. HA! This makes the whole marathon-deal sound so epic, doesn't it? HA! Little does this guy know I am the world's biggest "I-hate-running-runner," so he might not realize what he's asked me to do! HA! #IReallyDoHateRunning #ButNotReally #ButReally #OkILoveIt #Sometimes...

This is the ABSOLUTE truth!! HA!


~~~~

So that's been my last month in a nutshell. Exciting, right?  #NotReallyForAnybodyButMyself

Just trudging through each day now, playing the waiting game until Meda Grayson arrives. Not to worry - I'll be posting those annoying mom-new-baby pics once she does arrive. :-)

Happy MAY everyone!

#OMGItsMay #WhenDidThatHappen

No comments: