Tuesday, March 5, 2013

As of Late

So what's been going on with me? Well, I'm glad you asked. ;-)

To sum it up: it's been a few weeks of a little bit of craziness. In the past few weeks I've been to Orlando, Louisiana, Philadelphia, and tomorrow I leave for Santa Barbara. And in between I've been trying to keep up with normal life and work.

Orlando was a quick trip where I spent all day everyday sitting on my butt in a dark venue judging the National High School Cheerleading Championship. While I had a great time visiting with old friends from my prior full time job, I have to admit, watching cheerleading routine after cheerleading routine is draining. The best description I can think of for you non-cheer peeps is to press repeat on the movie Bring It On.... over and over... for twenty four hours straight. Yeah, it's like that. And I secretly loved it. 

Sprint finish in the Crit. Bryant is on the right.
After Orlando, my dearest spandex-clad and cycling obsessed husband decided last minute we needed to make a trip down to Louisiana for a bike race. When I say last minute, I mean last minute. I was at a baby shower when I received a text message from him saying he registered for the Louisiana race and needed to leave within the next couple hours to get there. So I left the baby shower, got home, packed, and off to the bayou we went. It was a good time (considering the last second deal it was and the what should have been a 5 hour road trip that turned into a 7 hour one) and the husby did relatively well! He got 3rd and 2nd in the respective races down there, so getting a minuscule, wouldn't even pay for the gas down there extremely large paycheck made it not at all completely worth it. ;-) #LoveYouHusby

Hello Philly!
Next, I hopped a plane to Philadelphia for the 2013 Justice Conference last weekend with BFR. This event was amazing. Two words to describe it: divinely intentional. God had his hand on everything that weekend - from the sessions we sat in on, to the people we met, to the location in the venue our booth was placed, to what an amazing hair day I had.... (Oh wait, that part is not true at all. Never mind.)... It all just worked together for good. It did even on a personal level, as well. I was able to meet and connect with other authors and publishing companies as well. Not that I'm sure my book will ever need a publisher at this point, but hell, it was pretty sweet! It was actually pretty creepy how God played things out for me... and the whole BFR crew that was there. A cool creepy though.  ;-)  #ThereHeGoesBeingCreepyAgain ;-)

Mary Helen (Southern Rep), Christina (West Coast Rep) , & myself working the booth!
Last week's events went off amazingly well!  Maggie rocked the house and the event at Fleet Feet was so fun! I was just sad that I'm currently knocked up and unable to partake in the wine drinking while there! #PregnancyWoes


With Lacey at Fleet Feet! Thanks to Christin for taking this photo!
So what else can I update the interwebs on? Oh! As for baby Meda Grayson... well, apparently neither she or I are fat enough for everyone's liking.

I know, right? WTH. I feel like a fat cow at 30 weeks right now. And getting bigger and more uncomfortable everyday. However, I went in to my doc a couple weeks ago for a regular pre-natal checkup and she ordered me an "emergency ultrasound" to make sure Meda was growing enough. Her words, "You don't look big enough."
See doc? The inter webs
say I'm within the "safe zone"
for my fatness!
#SoThere

And then, she sent me to UT's High Risk Pregnancy center to see a perinatoligist and additional uber-high tech ultrasounds. Well, it turns out Meda is fine... just a tad small. The doc said he thinks she'll have a six-pack all her life. Ha! And at that, I said "You're welcome, little Meda." Even though she's ultimately fine, they are continuing to monitor me on a regular basis (on top of my normally scheduled appt's with my lady doc) to make sure she stays above the 10th percentile for her size.

I have to admit, it was all kind of scary there for a minute. I just have to make sure to keep eating and providing her enough nutrients. Thanks to all of this shenanigans, I have everybody in my life watching what I eat like a hawk. Which isn't cool. But I guess necessary. I feel like I eat plenty, but still get hounded. Oh well... I know everyone is just looking out for little Meda and her six-pack.

So that's what's been going on as of late.

Oh yeah - and I head off to LA and Santa Barbara tomorrow!  I'm sure I'll be posting on that jazz later! :-)


No comments: