Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Not-So-Shameful Appeal to the Masses


Alrighty, y'all...

Most of my life, I have been ashamed, embarrassed, reluctant, what-have-you regarding fundraising and asking people for money. 

Well... besides my parents... or my husband...

But they don't count. Anyway, moving on...

I've been involved with a thousand different fundraisers all my life through a thousand different activities I've done - Brownies (Yes, the same Brownies where you don those awesomely horrible feces-colored uniforms and proudly display a sash of patches proving you are a stellar kid-citizen who remembers to turn off the water faucet after brushing your teeth or pick up a piece of trash.), choir (fa-la-la-la-la!), cheerleading (rah! rah! sis boom bah!), sorority (Go Chi-O!), going to Africa, etc..

During all of these fundraisers, I wanted to crawl under a rock and never show my face again after directly asking people for their hard-earned money, because let's face it. It's embarrassing. In our society, we are so geared towards being independent and not needing help - it sucks asking for money or assistance in anyway. #PridefulAndAssholicSociety #IJustMadeAssholicAWord #Boom

But not this time, I'm not ashamed to throw it out there. 

I think going to Africa helped me with this. After being there and seeing faces of children suffering, it's almost harder to NOT ask for help in order for you to help suffering children.

So here it is... another chance for you to help me help kids.

I need your financial assistance, if you are able. I've pledged to raise no less than $500 for St. Jude Children's Research hospital by November and then plan to run the St. Jude Memphis Marathon on December 7th as a St Jude Hero. 

The St. Jude Memphis Marathon raises money through it's St. Jude Heroes. Last year, nearly 5,000 Heroes raised more than $4 million. This year, St. Jude Heroes are hoping to reach $5 million for the kids of St. Jude.

And after all, it's all about the K. I. D's, right? 

Here's a little blurb from my fundraising site about St. Jude, just in case you've been living under a rock and don't know anything about the hospital.
It costs $1.8 million a day to operate St. Jude. Did you know that 70% of the funds come from the public? That means your donation, no matter what the size, will help! 
How your donation helps:
  • Thanks to donors like you, no family ever pays St. Jude for anything, including lodging, food and travel.
  • St. Jude will continue to improve treatment of childhood cancer and other deadly diseases through it's groundbreaking research.
  • For every child treated at St. Jude, thousands more have been saved worldwide through St. Jude discoveries.
Insane, right? 

This children's hospital is absolutely one of the best in the entire state, region, country, world, galaxy and I want to do what I can to help.

Sooooooooo.... should you find yourself melting at the site of this precious picture.....

5-year old Ian was found to suffer from a rare brain tumor. After treatment at St. Jude Ian is now cancer free and back to his energetic self. He even joined his father for the final few yards of the St. Jude Country Music Marathon & 1/2 Marathon last year.

Or this one.....


Or, heck... maybe even this one....
St. Jude patient Hayli, age 1, acute myeloid leukemia
Go ahead and hop on over to my personal fundraising page and feel free to donate something to help out these precious children. :-)

Thank you so much in advance!!

#BlogReadersAreTheBest
#AllAboutTheKIDs
#HoneyBadgerDOESCare
#OkayIWillStopWithTheHashtags
#GoDonate

No comments: