Friday, February 15, 2013

Week of Projects

Well, these past couple weeks were a doosey for "To-Do" list completion. My mom came into town to help watch MK while both Bryant and I were out of town last weekend, and in between travels, we did a re-haul around the house. I'm basically all project-ed out. Below are the details on what was done.

1) We moved McKenna into the guest bedroom so Meda Grayson can have her old one.  (This way we can convert MK's current bed, back into a crib for her little sister and $$save$$ on purchasing all new nursery furniture. Besides, I love MK's nursery furniture.) MK was pumped to switch to a different room and now be able to fit all her toys and shit fun stuff into her own room, instead of strewn about the house.

Okay, okay... maybe that's just ME who's pumped about that last detail... but who can blame me? :-)

Anyway, so this change in rooms leads to project number two....


2) Sort and organize ALL baby/child clothing in our house and attic. We stored what MK has outgrown, pulled out hand-me-downs from cousins that will soon fit, and then did the same for Meda Grayson. Luckily there is plenty of stuff Meda will be able to wear, but there were also tons of old outfits and clothing that wouldn't be good to re-use. So we had to decipher all that as well.

Okay, okay... my mom may have done this almost solely by herself... because this part of Project Week almost did me in. I kind of wanted to bash my head into a wall while sorting clothes.

I don't know why I hate this process so much, but it royally sucked. Maybe it's because my child has soooooo many clothes.... #jealous

Thank God my mom and Molly were here to help... or I really might have thrown myself into a shattered pile of glass and enjoyed that way more.

I would share a picture here, but I don't want to scare you off looking at the ridiculous amount of baby and child clothing we have.

3) Re-do/arrange dining room. I inherited a piano from my 99 year old Aunt Chris... (Yes, I said 99 years old. And she is still kicking too! We'll celebrate 100 years in October!) There was no other room in the house it would fit in, so that's why I chose the dining room. My Aunt Chris taught me how to play bang my fingers on it when I was little... and I'm so excited to have it now and be able to teach MK and Meda Grayson someday!

By the way... I bet none of you are lucky enough to have your own personal nude pianist at your becking call, are you??



4) Somehow, someone... either myself, Molly, or my mom... decided that our built-in bookshelves needed a little something extra. So we decided to paint the back wall of them. And I must say, I think it looks so much better. It was starting to get cluttered, as well. During this whole process I also went through and decided what books, knickknacks, etc. that I could get rid of. I ended up removing about 20 books from the shelves and listing them on Amazon. Everything from old textbooks to John Grisham. Feel free to check them out! (Hint! Hint!) Though looking at these before and after pics below, it looks like the bookshelves are still cluttered... but I promise they aren't nearly as bad! It's a iPhone photo illusion, I swear.


Before
Paint Job
After

So yeah... in between all these things we did, we swept, vacuumed, dusted, did loads of laundry, changed bed sheets, organized, etc.... all in between playing games with MK and entertaining her. 

It was a good week and I can't thank my mom enough for being the spearhead behind getting everything done!! She rocks my face off! Thanks Mama!


No comments: