Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Any-Excuse-For-A-Holiday Day!


Happy Valentine's Day! :-)

I've never really been huge into V-Day.... because let's be real.... it's quite awkward.

Either you're single...
You've been with your significant other for eternity...
Or you're in a brand new relationship...

Which of course equates to....

You're pissed off...
You're lucky to get a kiss or a hug that day...
Or you're stressed out whether to get your "Valentine" candy hearts, flowers, or just a card because you are not sure what they would like.

Am I right, or am I right?

Anyway... Bryant & I stopped celebrating Valentine's ON Valentine's Day long ago because of the crowds out at dinner or the movies or wherever it might be "romantic" to be that one day a year. And we normally skip out on super romantic evenings and just do dinner and maybe a card.

So my mom is still visiting, and she offered to stay home and watch MK, which was nice. So last night we went out to dinner at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant (Nom, Nom... me love curry and veggies!). This was the family pic we snapped before leaving.



After dinner, my husband proved how well he knows me and suggested we go "hang out" at Barnes & Noble. Which proves we are makes us sound like total Lame-O's... but I was in heaven. And so was he.... don't let him fool you...

After an hour and a half of getting coffee in the coffee shop and browsing, I ended up leaving with a new address book (definitely NOT needed) and a writing book and the husby got some sort of history book on the Constitution.  #nerds

So that was our early Valentine's Day.... Happy 11th Valentine's Day together husby!  I love you!

I hope the rest of you have a great one!

No comments: