Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Creepster Has Risen!


**So I actually wrote this last year on Easter, but since I lost that blog, I thought I'd repost to the new blog site. Besides, it was one of my more popular posts accounting to Google along with my Good Friday post. :-) ** 
Wow….today marks the most important day in all of history. And I swear I’m not joking around this time. It really does. 
THE most important day ever. 
As in ever EVER. 
The greatest event in human history of all time. One that has impacted every corner of our Earth.
Today represents the day that roughly 2000 years ago, Jesus of Nazareth rose from the dead. (Creepy, I know.) I’m overwhelmed at the thought of it. I mean, really….someone coming back from the dead??? Literally. Dead. As a doornail. Then alive. Walking and talking like you & I. And it’s not just a myth or folktale. Thousands of people saw him. It’s been documented. It's probably the best and most accurately documented event in history. There's manuscript evidence, archaeological evidence, eyewitness accounts, corroborating accounts, literary consistency and changed lives to prove it happened.... plus some other types of consistencies and expert scrutiny.
Craziness. 
(But that’s old news… if people do any true and hard research they'll know that. And I’ve already covered how crazy and creepy He is before.)
He basically rocks my face off (and will yours too if you let Him)…and not only because He didn’t come back all goblin & ghoul style from the dead, but He came back to give us the opportunity to have everlasting life…..WITH Him. Pretty damn cool if you ask me. Cool in the most un-creepy, but still creepy type of way possible. 
I pray that we all focus on Him today and all days to come. We can’t just think about him during our hour long church service today (or just during Christmas). He’s more involved with our lives than we can even imagine. So let his creepin’ butt in your life and start to recognize Him all around you. I know I’d rather have Him creepin’ on me than anybody else….what about you?
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”John 3:16 
“He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you. So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”Matthew 28:6-10
I can’t wait to see this face in person someday. It gives me chills thinking about it! I pray you feel the same. It’s going to be awesome! Hope to see you there! 

No comments: