Sunday, January 31, 2010

Perfection IS Possible

I KNEW it! I just KNEW that old saying, "Nobody's perfect" was a load of crock. We can ALL become perfect. And it will only cost us around $30,000.

Just ask Heidi Montag, because according to her, "Nobody ages perfectly, so (she) plan(s) to keep using surgery to make (her) as perfect as (she) can be." (Hollywoodgrind.com). As most of us probably know by now, due to the tabloid covers and Good Morning America interviews, Heidi is apparently "addicted" to reaching perfection (i.e. plastic surgery) and spent $30,000 to get there.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all about "enhancing" or doing whatever it is you feel the need to if it makes you feel better about yourself. Trust me. I'm all for it. BUT. There's come a point where enough is enough. Seriously. If you start out in life already gorgeous like Heidi did, there's nothing really that will do anymore good. Once you reach the peak, there's nowhere to go but down. And she's already started the downward slope. The same slope that Michael Jackson crashed down after his 50 gazillionth plastic surgery. I'm assuming she's working towards the surgical mask look that MJ rocked out for so long. Here are a couple before-and-after photos of Heidi:

Heidi before surgeries. So pretty.
Heidi after all her surgeries. Gross.

I hate to say it, but her surgery has aged her about 15 years, and she looks a 40 year old Hollywood actress. A younger version of Joan Rivers. (Not that being a 40 year old actress in Hollywood is necessarily a BAD thing.... but it is if you're only TWENTY THREE!) It makes me sad, because what some people (like myself), use as a nice little enhancement tool, others use to completely abuse the go-under-the-knife-freedom we have and make it seem like it's a horrible thing for people to do. Which it's not. For example, many women end up having breast augmentation after a horrible bought with breast cancer. That is a GREAT thing!! Or if you're like me - you use it make it look like you aren't a breast cancer survivor, when you never actually had breast cancer.

 Okay, okay...so maybe she wasn't happy with herself for whatever reason. Low self-esteem. That's fine - whatever. It happens. I just felt the need to point out some of the outrageous things she's said ABOUT her surgeries. Here are a few quotes from an interview with People magazine:
  • “I look way better and I’m way happier, my eyebrow lift just took my face to another level, made it a little bit more European-exotic. And for the first time, I have sexy ears!” REALLY?? Sexy EARS?? I know that's something I've ALWAYS wanted my husband to whisper in my ear..."you have the sexiest ears..." (Uhhh...pause NOT!) And you're from California, not Europe. Get over it.
  • “I’m competing against the Britney Spearses of the world....it was her sex appeal that sold. Obviously, looks matter, it’s a superficial industry.” No sh*t, Sherlock. But Britney hit her prime BEFORE she ever had any surgery done. DOH! Come on Heidi! You got famous BEFORE the surgeries also. And stop it with the superficial thing. We get it. You're superficial and living in a superficial world. We got it a long time ago when you told the E! Channel that you and Spencer were appalled by the fact that they quoted you two as having made ONLY 10 million dollars the prior year. I saw that interview and it made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
  • “I’m just starting. Let’s just say there’s a lot of maintenance." Yep - and that's what Michael Jackson thought too. Another round of surgeries and she'll look like the picture below.
Don't get me wrong! I'm not a Heidi Montag-Pratt-Whatever-Her-Name-Is hater! I don't dislike her by any means. I honestly just worry about her. I know I don't know her, but that doesn't mean I want her to go down the same superficial path that the King of Pop went down. But only time will tell. I wish both her & her husband luck. I wouldn't want to be married to a blonde Michael Jackson either.

No comments: