Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gobble Gobble Gobble....Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Well, it be that time o' year again.  The time of year where everyone becomes all gushy & mushy & thankful for what they have in life.  My take on it....whoopidee doo.  Shouldn't we be thankful ALL year around??  I know I am.  But I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon & share what I'm most thankful for.


1) The internet - what would I spend my vacation days doing if not surfing the 'net?
2) Shoe Dazzle - already spoke of KK's awesomeness HERE!
3) Franzia Boxed Merlot - a great accessory to the new wine glasses I just bought.  Which is in turn a great accessory to my internet surfing.  ;-)



Okay - just kidding....here's my REAL list....(but don't get me wrong - still thankful for the above list!) :-)

First of all - I have only the best family in the world.  Seriously.  My family would kick the bestestness out of your family.  Just sayin'.  :-) My Mom & Dad - they're awesome.  That's about all there is to it.  Sometimes they're more awesome than other times - like when they're buying stuff for me & babysitting my kid!  ;-)  (Haha!  Just kidding...sort of, but not really! haha! Does that make me selfish?  Damn.  I thought so.)  My nieces, Kailee Rae & Holland.  Kailee makes me laugh so much & turn green with envy at what rock star curls she has.  Think Taylor Swift but on a younger & cuter face.  And Holland - I can't wait for her & MK to get big together!!  My sisters, Katie & Storm - basically, they rock my face off for more reasons that I have time to list here.  Brothers, Stuart, Reed, & Jared.  Jared's the smartest, most caring kid I've ever met.  Reed's an awesome father & friend...to say the least.  And Stuart, he's great.....in a far off, pretend like we're not really related sort of way.  But whatever, I'm still thankful!  :-)  M.I.L. & D.I.L  (internet code for "mother in law" & "dad in law.")  They're the most down-to-earth, generous people I know.  And a great model for Bryant & I to imitate our marriage after.  I mean, for real.  Anyone who can stay with AND STILL BE HAPPY with their high school boyfriend/girlfriend deserves some extra kudos in my book.  Seriously - if I was still with the people I dated in high school....well, let's just say things would probably get a little ugly, on a daily basis.  But whatever, I guess it's Thanksgiving, so I need to be thankful for them too, right?  :-)  So thank you exes.  I appreciate it.



Bryant - geez louise.  Where would I be without my spandex-clad-over-obessive-I-need-to-ride-my-bike-RIGHT-NOW husband???  He keeps me grounded, laughing, & loving.  Plus, he's pretty killer in the kitchen.  Which is crucial, since I lack somewhat in the culinary skills.  And little McKenna Rayne.  Wow.  I have always been annoyed by the parents who "can't put into words" how much they love their kid.  And I still get annoyed by it....unless it's me.  ;-)  MK has shown me what life is really about.  And I can't wait to watch her & help her grow & explore the world as she gets bigger.  What a weird feeling.  Don't worry if you don't understand.  Its totally cool, because I still don't either.  :-)




Then there's my posse.  And posse's of years past.  A short, but loving list include:


- My little Georgia Peach


- The Cajun flair in my life


 



- My CRAZY ASS husker of corn









- My fashionista dollface & rockstar kidney warrior






- My Superman lover (AKA - Lois Lane)










- My recessive co-workers & and maybe just one or two non-recessive ones! 





- ALL the New Mexico amigos that I left out West.  :-(  Sadness.  I miss you all!!!







These are just a FEW of the people that God has blessed me with....and like everyone else this week, I wanted to share who I'm most thankful for in my life.  :-) 

Happy Thanksgiving!!

5 comments:

Storm said...

Seriously, you need to write a book. You are such a good writer, and I know because I'm so skilled in the English... I love ya!

Storm said...

PS... You totally out did my "I'm thankful post." Now, I have to revise! ;)

Kristin said...

Hahaha! Whatever....it wasn't meant to "out do" you...your's was a lot nicer than mine! :-)

Tuttle Tales said...

You're right about Storm and I rocking! We do. Though, feel free anytime to make a list of reasons why.... ;-D haha. kidding?
I do agree with Storm though, I was going to do a I'm thankful for post but now... meh? You did forget to mention that KRae's hair is already thicker than yours! :-) Love ya sista!

Anonymous said...

That's my bad-ass daughter writing...everyone is thankful to have you in their life, too.