Thursday, August 14, 2014

Books, Books, Books!

For mine and Bryant's eight year (EIGHT YEARS, Y'ALL!) anniversary, I received a Kindle.
(And Bryant received a card. I'm such a good wife.)
(Hey, whatever. It was hand written and required effort.)

The Kindle has stepped up my reading game, considerably. My goal for the year was to read 25 new books, but I'm pretty sure, I'll by-pass that with the Kindle. I'm also loving the Kindle Prime benefits! A free book every month?? Yes, please! 

Here are some of my bookshelves on Goodreads. (If you're on Goodreads, come find me!)


  • Currently Reading:
The Best Yes Study Guide
Writing with Stardust: The Ultimate Descriptive Guide for students, parents,teachers and lovers of English.










  • Want to Read:
Little Women
Persuasion
Seriously... I'm Kidding
Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus
Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith
The Last Seven Pages: Two Days to Live. What Would You Write? A Memoir of Hope
Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible
Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life
Angry Conversations with God: A Snarky but Authentic Spiritual Memoir
One Lavender Ribbon






















Below are some of the books I've read this year. And yes, I would recommend any and all of these!

(Except maybe "Keeping Faith" with Jodi Picoult (whom I luuuuuuuvve normally!)... the ending sucked and nothing came of it. Totally dumb ending. Sorry, Jodi - it's true.)

My favs from the list are (in no particular order):

  • The Timekeeper
  • Hyperbole & a Half
  • The Pact
  • The Book Thief
  • Both Melanie Shankle books - "The Antelope in the Living Room" and "Sparkling Green Earrings"

  • Books Read in 2014
    • How to Write Seductive Web Copy by Henneke Duistermaat
    • Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
    • The Antelope in the Living Room by Melanie Shankle
    • The Pact by Jodi Picoult
    • Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
    • Feathers from My Nest by Beth Moore
    • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
    • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
    • Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
    • As Sure as the Dawn by Francine Rivers
    • The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
    • Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
    • Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle
    • Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly
    • The Fasting Edge by Jentezen Franklin
    • Praying God's Word by Beth Moore

 What are you reading?? What do you recommend I add to my "To-Read" list??


No comments: