Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Meda Grayson


So we finally decided on a name for Baby Fun Numero Dos.

After a couple months of Bryant shooting down every name I threw out there deliberating, we came up with it.

Meda Grayson.

"Meda"... (Pronounced Mee-dah)... was The husband's great grandmother. We both immediately loved the name because its got that "old" sound to it and it has family meaning.

"Grayson" comes from Grayson County, where my entire family hails from in Kentucky. I love, love, love this name for a girl, but Bryant pictures it more as a boy name, so we decided to pair it with Meda to give it more of a feminine feel.

True to our baby's soon-to-be Southern heritage, we toyed with a list of double names as well. In fact, I like the sound of "Meda-Grace" and may end up calling her that. I call McKenna, "McKenna Rayne" all too often also. Though we never intended for MK's to be used together all the time. Habit on my part, I guess.

Anyway, so there she is.

Baby Fun #2 = Meda Grayson.

Below is a photo of her from our 3D ultrasound we had last week.







No comments: